Showing all 3 results
What is Lorazepam, and how is it useful?
Lorazepam is a medicine used to treat anxiety disorder. It is a benzodiazepine that works on the brain and central nervous system to produce a soothing effect that relieves anxiety, restlessness, and other similar problems. It is a short-acting and powerful sedative as well as an anxiolytic. Ativan, loreev XR, lorazepam intensol are various trade names.
People also buy Lorazepam online for managing insomnia. It helps treat poor sleep or no sleep issues. People generally take it to handle stress and over anxiousness. It also helps eliminate fatigue, low energy, all-time tiredness, low concentration issues, irritability, and restlessness.
Lorazepam is also useful as a premedication before surgeries or dental workups. However, like any other medication, this also has many contraindications. Therefore proper consultation with the doctor is essential before its consumption.
How should you take this medication?
We recommend you to take Lorazepam as advised by your doctor. You are also required to follow all the necessary directions and precautions while consuming the medicine.
Please avoid medical errors, try to be consistent throughout the treatment, and consult your doctor if your situation is not improving.
All about Lorazepam dosage
Would you please take Lorazepam as prescribed by your doctor? Still, if you don’t want to take Lorazepam without any medical advice, you should initiate your treatment with the minimum possible dose.
The lowest Lorazepam dosages for different categories of patients without any medical histories are as follows:
In the form of oral tablets
Dosage For Treating Anxiety
- For older adults (65 years and above): One to two mg of the medicine per day (divided into multiple dosages)
- For adults (ages 18 to 64 years): Two to three mg of the medicines per day (divided into multiple dosages)
- For children (between 12 to 17 years): The Lorazepam dosages for patients between 12 to 17 years will be the same as for the adults.
- For children (below 12 years): Lorazepam use in children below 12 years is not under the recommendation.
Dosage For Treating Insomnia due to stress and anxiety
- For adults (18 years and older): Two to three mg of the medicines per day (divided into multiple dosages)
- For children (between 12 to 17 years): Two to three mg of the medication per day (divided into various dosages)
What should you tell your physician before taking Lorazepam?
Before taking Lorazepam, ensure that your doctor knows if you are allergic to it or other medications similar to it.
To avoid risks, share your medical history with the medical healthcare provider, especially if you have ever had:
- Addiction to alcohol or any other substance use disorder
- Breathing disorders: sleep apnea, asthma, COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
- Seizures (or convulsions)
- Liver or kidney disease
- Depression, mood disorders, or suicidal thoughts or attempts
- An allergy to yellow food dye or aspirin
Pregnancy and lactation warnings: Pregnant women must not use it as it leads to abnormalities in the baby or life-threatening situations. Breastfeeding mothers also should not consume it. There is a chance that infants born to mothers who consume Lorazepam may develop dependence.
Side effects of using Lorazepam
Lorazepam is a benzodiazepine medication that works through the GABA receptors and tends to cause particular mild to severe side effects.
Some common Lorazepam side effects include:
- Dizziness or drowsiness
These side effects are common and don’t require medical attention unless they become severe or bother you too much.
However, you should immediately stop using Lorazepam and consult your doctor if you experience the following:
- Dizziness or drowsiness
- Mood swings or behavioral disorders
- Destructive or self detrimental thoughts
- Sleeping disorders
- Change in vision
- Dark-colored urine
- Any other severe allergic reaction to the medicine
Lorazepam can dangerously interact with other medicines and severely affect your health. Therefore, it is essential to tell your health expert if you are using the following medications:
- Opioid pain medication
- Sleeping pills
- Muscles relaxant
- Cough medications
- Anti Seizures medications
- Anti Anxiety medications
- Drugs used to treat other medications
- Medicines containing antihistamine
- Sleeping pills
- Cold and allergy medicines
You should also avoid taking over-the-counter medicines, herbal products, vitamins, and other nutritional supplements while using Lorazepam.
Benzodiazepines can give emotional or physical dependence if not taken in a prescribed manner. The risk of withdrawal symptoms is increased with prolonged usage. Doctors generally prescribe other medications also to subdue the related side effects.
People who consume this drug regularly complain of mood swings, hallucinations, seizures, being extra active, or unusual muscle issues. Patients must not take it with glaucoma, respiratory problems, or severe allergies.
It is dangerous enough to consume in a higher quantity or get too much dependent on it. You must not use it if one is on opioid medication or consume alcohol. The effects could be fatal.