Showing all 4 results
In the United States, it is a prescription medication and approved for limited medical purposes. Recreational use of this opioid is illegal. Since it is a narcotic product, the drug enforcement agency has labeled Codeine as a schedule II-controlled substance.
How does Codeine work?
It is tough to say how Codeine works precisely. However, it is thought that, like morphine, Codeine binds specific opioid receptors in the human brain that function to transfer the sensation of pain throughout the body and brain. This breaks the communication between the brain and the nerves, and we get instant relief from the pain.
History & Stats
This opioid was discovered in 1822 by Pierre Jean Robiquet. In 2013, over 361,000kg of Codeine was produced, and about 249.000 kg was used, making it the most commonly prescribed pain medicine. Also, the World Health Organization “WHO” has listed it as an essential medicine.
You should not take this opioid if you have severe breathing problems like asthma, a blockage in your stomach or intestine. Please let your doctor know if you are taking any medicine to treat a breath disease.
Codeine can affect your breathing rate and may be habit-forming. Misuse of this opioid can lead to physical dependence or overdose. Please do not take it irregularly. Also, Codeine is not approved to use in anyone younger than 18 years of age.
When combined with alcohol, Codeine can cause some very unpleasant side effects. Please do not take it together with alcohol.
What to know before taking Codeine?
Codeine is a narcotic drug that can lead to drug dependence. Buy Codeine online only in severe conditions.
You should not take Codeine tablets if you are allergic to it or if you have;
- Severe breathing problems or severe asthma
- A blockage in your intestines or stomach
- Frequent asthma attacks
To make sure Codeine is safe for you, tell your pharmacist if you ever had;
- Liver disease
- Kidney disease
- Sleep apnea or other sleeping problems
- Asthma, COPD, and other breathing problems
- Brain tumor or head injury
- Low blood pressure
- A blockage in your digestive tract
How to take Codeine?
It is always crucial to take Codeine in its best and most effective way. This helps you get rid of the problem in a minimum number of days and avoid side effects. Therefore, read the following list of precautions that you can take while using Codeine;
- First, you need to read your prescription or drug guide very carefully and ask your pharmacist if you can’t read.
- As mentioned earlier, Codeine is a common drug of abuse and can make you feel high. So, make sure you take Codeine in divided doses and at regular intervals.
- After reading, start your treatment in the same way as mentioned in your medication guide. It is always good to start your treatment with the lowest possible dosage.
- Your doctor/pharmacist will tell you when and how to increase or decrease the dosage. Keep in touch to know about the necessary changes in your treatment.
- Always take Codeine tablets orally, with or without food, as per your choice or doctor’s suggestion.
- Your dosage should be based on factors like your age, the severity of the condition, other medical conditions you have, and how your body reacts to opioids
Usual adult dose for pain
Initial dose: 15mg to 60 mg orally up to every hour as needed
Maximum amount: 360 mg in one day (24 hours)
What to avoid while taking Codeine?
It is always crucial to look upon both the good and bad aspects. Till now, we have talked about the things you need to follow while taking Codeine. Now, it is time to know what to avoid while using Codeine. Avoid following habits to save yourself and your loving ones from the harmful consequences of Codeine.
Mixing alcohol or other high-potential drugs with Codeine can produce serious drug overdose effects. Do not take Codeine if you are drunk.
Codeine can cause drowsiness and loss of coordination in some rare situations. Your brain and nerves can misbehave in judging what is going on. This condition can cause a severe accident and is harmful to you and the people around you.
Taking a Codeine tablet through over or more frequent doses doesn’t treat your pain any faster. But can cause specific unpleasant side effects. It would help if you avoided overdoses to ensure safe treatment of your condition.
Codeine side effects
Get immediate medical attention if you experience any severe side effects of taking Codeine. Some of codeine serious side effects may include;
- Noisy breathing, shallow breathing, sighing, and other breathing issues
- A weak pulse or slow heart rate
- Light-headed feeling
- The feeling of extreme sadness or happiness
- Confusion, hallucination, agitation, unusual thoughts and behaviors
- Urination problems
- Low cortisol levels – nausea, loss of appetite, and vomiting
Serious side effects of Codeine may be more likely in overweight people and adult patients. Long-term use of Codeine may affect fertility in both men and women.
Common side effects may also occur in the form of;
- Dizziness and drowsiness
- Vomiting, nausea, stomach pain
- Rashes and itching
Common side effects don’t need any special attention and are not so dangerous. They will last for a limited period and will vanish on their own. Ask your doctor if they are worse.
What drugs can interact with Codeine?
Codeine can interact with certain drugs and result in dangerous consequences. Therefore, we recommend you do not mix Codeine with high-potential other medicines, especially;
- Other narcotic drugs (OTC & prescription drugs)
- Cold or allergy medications, asthma, and COPD medications
- Medicines for motion sickness, overactive bladder
- Sedatives like Valium, Alprazolam, Diazepam, Lorazepam Xanax and others
- Medicines that affect serotonin levels – Stimulants
- Medicines for depression, migraine headache, and severe infections
For more information or to buy Codeine online, feel free to contact us.